Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finley Caroline Morris is here and she is AMAZING!

Hello Everyone!! I just wanted to send an update of our precious baby girl. She is the absolute most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. I can't get enough of her.My doctor let us come home Thursday morning because I was doing good and ready to go. The first night home Finley did great...I was the bad one...I didn't realize how much of a spaz I would be about laying her down to sleep. I kept thinking that the blanket was going to wrap over her face or she would throw up or something...Brad stayed up in the living room to just watch her. He made it until about 2:30 then I got up to feed her and again at 5:30. She would have been fine if we would have just left her alone. Last night she went to sleep at 11:30 and didn't wake up again until 3 and then I fed her, put her back down and she didn't make a peep again until 7 so really she only woke up once. I am sure that will change and we will have many long nights ahead but we were proud. :-) She is so strong and picking her head up and looking around and she LOVES her daddy. All he has to do is talk to her and she just stares at him like she can't get enough. And if she is crying and he says something she immediately stops which is very helpful during diaper changes and between feedings. I am still really sore from the c-section and its hard to get around and up and out of bed. My feet and ankles are so swollen that my toes look like vienna sausages but its getting better. The doctor confined me to the couch with my feet propped up for the day. The whole thing seems so surreal...I can't believe we made something so perfect and already can't imagine life without her. More updates to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sadie & Brad! She is beautiful and I'm very happy for you guys. Welcome to the most amazing journey of your lives. :)