Sunday, May 18, 2008

Green Thumbs in Action!

Today was a beatiful day so Brad and I decided to work on the yard. Brad had already worked on the backyard while I was in Ft. Lauderdale. He planted a garden full of tomatoes, zucchini, squash, red peppers, jalapenos and eggplant. I can't wait for them to be ready!

We drove to Jacksonville to look for patio furniture and found a set that we liked at Garden Ridge. I picked out a turquoise pot I really liked so we got it too. Afterwards we went to Lowe's to get flowers for the front yard. We got some purple and yellow lantana and Brad made a flower bed with some landscape matting to keep the weeds out. It was a spot we have been needing to fill for awhile.

We got some bright orange marigold which was perfect for the turquoise planter, some xanadu philodendron (really cool tropical plant) that I put in a large planter my mom gave us, and some neon pothos (lime green, grows like a vine, very hard to kill, perfect for me!) to put around the house.

I put the patio table together while Brad was planting in the front. We worked until dark and everything looks great. Here are some pictures of our hard work...move over HGTV!




Neon Pothos-It looks a lot brighter in person. I got 5 pots out of one hanging plant!





Brad putting the mulch around the lantana.




Patio furniture with marigold in turquoise planter. Citronella oil lamp on table to keep the hummingbird sized mosquitos away. Philodendron in background.

1 comment:

B said...

Y'all are so cute...